How to Enroll
- Step 1: Visit our School Finder to find your school of residence.
- Step 2: Download and complete a registration packet.
- Step 3: Visit the ParentConnection Portal to upload your registration packet and supporting documents.
- Step 4: Contact your school to make an appointment to finalize your registration.
New Changes for 2024-25
- More students are eligible for TK! Students who turn 5 between September 2, 2024 and June 2, 2025 can enroll in TK for the 2024-25 school year.
- TK is coming to Edison and Monte Vista! Next year, TK will be available at every school in GUSD except for Keppel Elementary.
- GUSD is launching full-day kindergarten! The kindergarten schedule will be similar to grades 1-3.
2024-25 Age Requirements
- To enter transitional kindergarten (TK) during the 2024-25 school year, a child must be five (5) years old on or between September 2, 2024 and June 2, 2025.
- To enter kindergarten during the 2024-25 school year, a child must be five (5) years old on or before September 1, 2024.
- To enter 1st grade during the 2024-25 school year, a child must be six (6) years old on or before September 1, 2024.
- To enter all other grade levels, a child will be placed in the appropriate grade level based on date of birth, prior school attendance, and district guidelines.
Inter- and Intra-District Permits
If you do not reside within Glendale Unified School District boundaries, or if you live in the district and would like to attend a school other than your school of residence, click here to submit a permit application. The permit application for the 2024-25 school year will open on March 1!
Per GUSD Board Policy, elementary students may be reassigned to another Glendale Unified school due to class size and space availability. For "capped" students, Student Support Services shall maintain a waiting list in priority order for students wanting entry into their school of residence and will notify the student's parent or guardian when an opening occurs during the school year. You will be notified of your student's placement via phone call and/or email. We do everything we can to avoid capping students, but there are times it is necessary due to space limitations.
If you have questions about enrollment, contact your school office or GUSD Student Support Services at (818) 241-3111 ext. 1283.
Required Registration Documents
A. Completed Registration Packet
B. Legal proof of Age
- A certified copy of a birth certificate or a statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of the birth
- A duly attested baptism certificate
- When none of the forgoing is obtainable, an affidavit from the parent/legal guardian (contact school for requirements for a parental affidavit)
C. Verification of Residency Current bills for any of the following two:
- Phone Company (Landline only, no cell phone bills)
- Gas Company
- Final Closing Statement from Escrow Company
- Rental Agreement
- Current property tax payment
- Communication from a government agency not dated more than 3 months ago
- Most recent pay stub
- Current voter registration receipt
- Mortgage Statement
If you are currently living with another party and do not have two of the items listed above, please complete a Parent Living With Another Party (PLWAP) form and provide the required documents. Please know this form must be updated annually.
2023-24 PLWAP Forms: English | Armenian | Korean | Spanish
2024-25 PLWAP Forms: English | Armenian | Korean | Spanish | Russian
D. Immunizations. We must receive a copy of your child’s immunization records. Please see the registration packet for required immunizations. Students without complete immunizations will not be enrolled. If your child is in between inoculations, please let us know.
***For kinder and 1st grade students: Health Examination Forms signed by a pediatrician are not mandatory at the time of enrollment but must be turned into the school office by no later than first day of school. Students enrolling in TK and grades 2-6 do not need to submit a Health Examination Form.
***For TK and kinder students: Oral Examination Forms signed by a dentist are not mandatory at the time of enrollment, but must be turned into the school office by no later than first day of school. Students enrolling in grades 1-6 do not need to submit an Oral Examination Form.
E. Picture ID of Parent or Guardian enrolling the student: Driver’s license or passport
F. Transcripts from previous high school or final 8th grade report card for incoming 9th graders
SUBMIT THESE DOCUMENTS ONLY IF IT APPLIES TO YOUR CHILD:
- If there are any court orders or legal bindings pertaining to the child, the stamped order(s) signed by a judge.
- If your child has an IEP with another district, a copy of their latest IEP.
- If your child has a 504 plan with another district, a copy of their latest 504.